top of page

Legal Compensation

If you or a family member have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease, you may be entitled to compensation if you were exposed to asbestos in your workplace. Even if your employer went out of business a long time ago, it may still be possible to make a claim. In some circumstances, it may be possible to make a claim if you were exposed to asbestos indirectly, for example from a family member’s work clothes. Please be aware claims do have time restraints therefore the sooner you seek advice the better. You will need expert legal advice from a specialist solicitor who can provide the right advice and help pursue a claim. We recommend that you seek FREE advice from a solicitor even if you feel you may not need it now, it can help should you decide at a later stage.

London Asbestos Support Awareness Group has a trusted panel of expert solicitors who specialise in asbestos disease claims. These solicitors are completely independent of the charity and we insist that they only represent people with asbestos-related conditions and not organisations depending asbestos disease claims. 

It is completely your choice who you choose to assist with your claim. If you would like any further information on our legal panel there is some information listed below.

Disclaimer: London Asbestos Support Awareness Group does not accept any responsibility relating to the appointment of a solicitor.


Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors have been fighting for clients’ rights since the 1970s. We are a national firm with a dedicated team of specialist and accredited asbestos lawyers, representing asbestos victims and their families wherever they live.  Our wealth of combined experience and success in securing benefits, compensation and private medical treatment costs for our clients means you can be confident that your case will be handled by true experts, in an efficient and sensitive way. We are proud supporters of the London Asbestos Support  Awareness Group.


We will always offer to visit you at home or elsewhere at your convenience. Our  lawyers are all double-vaccinated against Covid-19 and will test themselves on the day of  any planned contact with you. If preferred, we can offer virtual “meetings” on Zoom or What’s App or simple telephone contact – whatever works  best for you. Our services are offered on a “no win, no fee” basis and without obligation.

Asbestos-related diseases affect thousands of people and their loved ones every year. Diagnoses often occur decades after the initial exposure but you might still be able to make a claim.

Being diagnosed with one of these illnesses may come as a shock, as these diseases can take many years to develop after the initial exposure to asbestos.

The team of expert asbestos solicitors at Leigh Day specialise in bringing claims on behalf of people who have been exposed to asbestos in many walks of life. They are experts at identifying where any exposure took place and getting the right level of compensation for those affected.

Thompsons have an established history as one of the leading asbestos solicitor firms in the UK. We won the first ever successful asbestos compensation claim in 1972 and have been involved in every test case ever since. We provide access to support services and medical specialists to help you and your family following an asbestos disease diagnosis. We offer a ‘no win no fee’ agreement so if your case isn’t successful, you don’t pay a penny. We have nearly 100 years’ experience and have been winning cases for clients since 1921. We work with a network of specialist asbestos solicitors based in local offices right across the UK.

If you or a family member have been diagnosed with an asbestos related disease, please feel free to contact us to speak to our specialist team.  We have experience in all types of asbestos related claims including: Pleural thickening, Asbestosis, Lung cancer and Mesothelioma.

We are 100% committed to claimant and only ever represent the injured, never insurers.

bottom of page